Sunday, April 17, 2016

Paid, Owned, Earned

Paid



Here you can see an example of paid marketing, it is an event where people can come and try out the boards to see if they like them. Since the boards are quite expensive it is a really good idea to make those real-life events to give the consumer the chance to try the product. This is especially important since the availability of the product is quite limited to a few stores throughout the US and Canada and two stores in Europe. One thing you could improve here would be the promotion of the event with reminders and big banners on the webpage and throughout the social media platforms.

Owned


This Instagram-Post is an example of owned marketing. It is a shot taken in Japan of a befriended snowboarder doing a trick in a winter landscape. I think the picture is really great, so do the followers, yet, I think that the text is way too much. While scrolling through the Instagram account of the company I realized that they always use a lot of text when posting pictures. I think by using less words and simply letting the pictures speak for themselves they would appear way stronger. 
I also really like the #findyourniche and I think it would be good if they could incorporate that throughout all their social media channels as their slogan since they don't have one yet. 


Earned


This picture is an example of earned marketing. It's a snowboarder named Dustin Alvey that uses the hashtag #nichesnowboards. You can see when you check his Instagram account that he recevied his board by Niche Snowboards and functions as a brand ambassador for the company. One thing you could improve here is sponsoring more key personas that are within the target audience to spread the knowledge of the brand. Furthermore, Dustin's reach is not that high with 648 followers so when giving away boards I would rather choose someone with a bigger audience. However, if you look at the company's size and their own followers it relativates itself.

2 comments:

  1. I see good examples of three marketing strategies. Also improvements seems clear, logical and helpful in brand's communication with their audience. I really like the exact way of little improvements which are, in my opinion, significantly desired from the audience's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Natalie I think that the improvements that you are suggesting would be a great asset to the brand and would enable them to improve their strategies.

    ReplyDelete